ISKANDAR PROJECT - 20 years ahead of its time
Iskandar Malaysia Smart City
Smart City is about connectivity but post COVID-19, Iskandar Malaysia Smart City will need an update. What is the use of being smart if you don't feel safe? Well, for a start and especially post COVID-19, Iskandar Malaysia and in particular Riverria iskandar Malaysia will have to take safety issues as its top priority. It is not enough to be smart in order to save our environment but we will need to be safe as well. Smart Safe and able to stay alive will be the new paradigm for the region and what we do must have a strong element of living safe. Riverria Iskandar Malaysia will pioneer a new set of protocols that will ensure that we stay safe in the light of the coronavirus pandemic. It will include safe environmental architecture and a set of new must-do protocols that will at least ensure us not to be easily exposed to danger. Post COVID-19 will require everyone to take health issues seriously because we are facing a real problem especially with asymptomatic carriers that we come in contact with. For an intelligent and smart city, we will need to upgrade our facilities to that of the digitised setup. As we will also need to move towards the IR4.0 framework, we will need our manufacturing and government processes to go automatic and do away with human touch.
Of course we do have physical distantcing as our new normal, we will also have to set our infrastructures to have safe environments. But this is the billion dollar question because we will have to look into infrastructure changes that could cost us billions of dollars to implement. Still it is our future that we are talking about: an environment safe from very infectious diseases. Some would think that we might not have to thread this expensive path, but do we have a choice, seeing that viruses do have a life purpose of its own, quite different from our human paths. Thus we should be ready for infrastructure change as well as digital change if we are to feel good for making these changes for the sake of our future generations. At the same time, we will have to double our effort to save our environment as our ice berg size is shrinking fast. In short, many things will have to change for like:
1. Physical Distancing – new norms that you will have to get use to.
2. No more Mass Gathering; religion, convention and what not.
3. You need to go online to buy or sell
4. Mobility – don't just install smart traffic lights. Think of how to get rid of the cars!
5. Connected to do work but not to spread diseases
6. Food Security - you don't want to be caught in a lockdown with insuficient food. New food stock piles will have to be incorporated in a smart city.
7. Work from home; you don't need to go to office as often
8. You don't need to go to the supermarket that often; shop from home and have it delivered to your doorstep.
9. New hospitals will have to be built to acomodate quarantines.
10. Electronic Tag; A bit frightening is the fact that people got to carry an electronic tag so that we know where they are at any given moment in time.
11. Safe Buildings; new buildings like hospitals, shopping malls and offices will be designed with a safe environment for instance with its air ventilation systems.
12. No more touch control. Touchless Control will be the in thing.
13. Remote Temperature Sensing all around and anonimously linked to Intelligence Unit (AI)
14. Heatmap sensing in crowded places. In real time and linked to Intelligence Unit (AI)
15. All manufacturing will have to embrace IR4.0 developments.
16. Education will be fully through the internet.
17. Government processes will go digital.